Posts

! The Haiku Challenge ! 28 days – 28 Haikus ! Day 3 - Mother !



The living God, she
cares for you more than anyone
does, she is mother

Motherhood is priced
Of God, no man can afford
Or to lessen it

The pleasant music
ever composed is, the sweet
lullaby of mom

Cutest poem she is,
Never able to end, though
I write billion words

Neither painter’s brush
Nor the poet’s mighty pen can
describe a mother

Before the God's throne
One lamp is mother, burn
through eternity




Theme: Mother




Are you ready for The Haiku Challenge? The details are HERE, and the challenge enters Day 3 with this Haiku. Since I am in India, the challenge begins at 12AM IST and goes on until GMT-08 (I.e., the next day 01:30 AM IST), so all the time zones can participate in this challenge. Write a Haiku with theme as "Mother" and share it in the comment section of this post or in the Linky.

Happy Haiku Challenge to you all!

Haiku on!



PS: If you are a newbie,  learn how to write a Haiku here. Leave your links also in the comment section with the help of this text.

Saravanakumar Murugan
FROM THE AUTHOR'S DESK

Saravanakumar Murugan

Author & Storyteller · Someone is Special

Senior technology leader, writer, and photographer. What began in 2009 as a romantic journaling sanctuary on Few Miles has grown into published books (Shades of Life, Return), 55-word microfiction, and quiet stories that stay with people long after reading.

“முகமறியா நண்பர்களின் கருத்துக்களே எனக்குப் படிகற்கள்”
❤ An ancient Blogging Legend says posting a comment on Few Miles does a world of good to your Karma :D Click 'Post a Comment' below!
Have a challenge, feedback, or a secret thought? Write to me or confess anonymously here.
© Few Miles by Saravanakumar Murugan · CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 International License

Comments

  1. quite lovely SiS I enjoyed it. I am afraid because of our time difference I am a day behind you so my #2 is entered for your #3. Thanks for hosting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. an adorable way of praising mother's love, which is celestial if it is true.

    trisha
    sharmishthabasu.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the understanding of God as Mother. Beautiful haikus, SiS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woww!!!! Beautiful Touching Lines. Fabulous Poem Praising Mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are fantastic! Great idea. If I wasn't already committed up to my eyeballs I'd have ago too. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful SiS, absolutely beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed this one as well as learned a lot. I was under the impression that the 3 lines 5,7,5 were it and that I could not add to it. Thank you very much SIS, loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. As others have said, brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. can anything on Mother NOT be awesome ??

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too see God in Mother. This is beautiful. Lifted my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautiful poem peened by u SIS! This prompt is so touching yet no words can ever suffice what our beloved mothers mean to us... :)

    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Tweety

    Tweety, thanks much and happy to have you in the challenge..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Amanda Moore

    Thanks Amanda, it is my pleasure to know that.. No issues, all the time zones can participate..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ trisha

    of course it is, trisha and no words can suffice for a Mom..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Victoria

    Thanks and it is my pleasure to have you here.. and yes Mother is the living God..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ Creativity!!

    Thanks Creativity, missed you in the spot and happy to have you here.. Why don't you try your hand at Haiku?

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ Madeleine

    Oops! Missed you, try to link in on few days..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ Dishilicious

    Thanks much and happy happy happy to know that.. Pleasure is mine..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  19. @ lynnaima

    Lynnaima, Haiku structure is 5-7-5, but you can write as many Haikus as possible, if you wish.. thanks..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  20. @ meethimirchi

    Thanks much and of course it is..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  21. @ cloakedmonk

    Thanks, Pleasure to read your அம்மா..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  22. @ ladynimue

    Of course it is always AWESOME...

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  23. @ bodhirose

    Glad to know that and happy to have you here..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  24. @ subtlescribbler

    you are billion percent right.. and thanks, happy man.. Pleasure to have you in the challenge..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have paid rich tributes to your lovely mother SIS!! You will remain blessed for this surely!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. @ Nanka

    Thanks Nanka, ofcourse I love my mom more than anyone else in this world.. She is my God..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  27. i love each tribute you have written and feel the love and devotion you bestow so affectionately upon you mother.



    love you haiku challenge too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. @ rebecca

    Glad you loved it.. Happy to have you here.. If possible join the Haiku Challlenge..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your footprints! Do come back for more!