Posts

! The Haiku Challenge !

! The Haiku Challenge !
Dear Special Blogging Friends,

As February being the month of love, I decided myself to express my love for Haiku. After penning down more than half a century of Haikus, the love for it has become immeasurable and made me throw a Challenge to myself, ‘The Haiku Challenge!’ If you ask me what is this Haiku Challenge, then I would say it is simply writing a Haiku a day, beginning February 1 and to carry on until February 28.


28 days – 28 Haikus - Wow! That sounds great right.

Seeing the Success of Leo’s Z-A Challenge, Nimue’s Month of the Year Challenge, Riika’s Wishes Challenge, I love to throw this Challenge to everyone, any blogger interested to take part in the challenge to try his or her hand at it. They can share their links as a comment in the corresponding Haiku posts and read other participating bloggers too. If anyone loves to take part in this challenge then do leave a comment under this post here. I will design a Badge as well to display in your blog post.

If it is a Challenge, then there should be a theme for us to Challenge as well. As the love for ‘HAIKU’ made me to throw the Challenge, the theme also being the POET’s ‘LOVE’ for words (14 – Feb 1, 3, 5, 7…) and images (14 – Feb 2, 4, 6, 8…) prompted by me. Just use the words as the theme or as a part of your Haiku or a Haiku inspired by the image based on the prompt. I will display the list of words and images in my next update.


The Haiku Challenge! The King and Queen of Haikus !

The game is on !

Check it out here
Saravanakumar Murugan
FROM THE AUTHOR'S DESK

Saravanakumar Murugan

Author & Storyteller · Someone is Special

Senior technology leader, writer, and photographer. What began in 2009 as a romantic journaling sanctuary on Few Miles has grown into published books (Shades of Life, Return), 55-word microfiction, and quiet stories that stay with people long after reading.

“முகமறியா நண்பர்களின் கருத்துக்களே எனக்குப் படிகற்கள்”
❤ An ancient Blogging Legend says posting a comment on Few Miles does a world of good to your Karma :D Click 'Post a Comment' below!
Have a challenge, feedback, or a secret thought? Write to me or confess anonymously here.
© Few Miles by Saravanakumar Murugan · CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 International License

Comments

  1. will definitely love to take part in this challenge SiS...my love for haiku is new new so would contribute as much as i can...will await :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may just have to do this challenge, since I post a haiku almost every day anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lovely blog here; I just wanted you to know that I voted for you.

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Tweety

    Pleasure to have you here Tweety and happy to hear those.. Even I Await for Feb 1st..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Eric 'Bubba' Alder

    Most Welcome ! Pleasure is mine.. Bubba..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Crystal Jigsaw

    Thanks a ton for voting me and happy to hear those sweet words of encouragement..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  7. I rarely write haikus, but I can try :P Need to see how it works though. Will be back definitely =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Riikainifinity

    Sure, You can try..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to participate in the challenge!

    http://imaginationscandles.blogspot.com/

    Beware though – my haikus are ... er ... need-worky ... so why not use this opportunity to work on them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Most Welcome Imagination.. Happy to have you here..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sis,
    I have always been following your blog. your haikus are wonderful.. i never write haikus but want to try with all of you.. pls consider me in for this challenge.. but plz can u give me some link or any kind of suggestions regarding writing haiku..

    thanks,
    Varsha

    ReplyDelete
  12. forgot to include link to my blog..

    http://mydiary.varshasrikanth.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. please let me know when you start! hugs, pat

    patcegan.wordpress.com
    patcegan@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will take the risk as a new blogger in this Haiku challenge. Time for some growing!!!

    Thanks~~

    http://beccagivens.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll try my best--maybe not every day, but as often as I can. I like reading the poets who participate in your challenges. Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  16. i am looking forward to this challenge, SiS :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I look forward to a Haiku journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. sounds fun! I haven't written a haiku yet, but this will be a great learning platform for me i hope. would love to challenge myself with the haiku challenge :)

    PS : I suppose u r quite popular in the blog-o-sphere coz have heard ur name a couple of times..finally i reached ur blog and needless to say what a lovely one it is! u have put in efforts, a lot of it..and that shows. great going:D
    Here i come as a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Will try my best and take part in your challenge

    Dont forget to join me in my Experiments...
    http://umaspoembook.blogspot.com/p/experimenting-with-poetry-forms.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this concept ..
    Would try out this 1 for sure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. @ RaNiiiiii

    Glad to know that RaNiiii, thanks for all the sweet words and I welcome you for the Challenge..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  22. @ patcegan

    Glad you love to link in, and I welcome you to the Challenge.. Sure will pass the link to you soon..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  23. @ beccagiven

    Welcome to the Challenge and of course it is a learning curve.. Thanks for the sweet words..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  24. @ Victoria

    Welcome to the Challenge and thanks for the sweet words, it is my pleasure to have you as one of the challengers

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  25. @ Bing (PinkLady)

    Bing, Glad to know that and Welcome to the Challenge!

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  26. @ cloakedmonk.com

    Pleasure is mine, Welcome to the Challenge..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  27. @ subtlescribbler

    Hmm, sure this is a nice platform to learn. Welcome to the Challenge..
    Oh thanks for the compliments, it is my pleasure and thanks for landing on my blog..
    Welcome !

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  28. @ uma.a

    Thanks uma, it is my pleasure to have you in the Challenge.. Sure i will join..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  29. @ ASHISH BARDHAN

    Glad to know that and Welcome to the Challenge..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  30. Looks like you got a good response, SIS!

    Wonderful! You'll have to report back and let us know the end results ....

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey there! I took the liberty of inviting this gentleman to join you. He just contacted me today about Dispatch -
    http://ntxhaiku.wordpress.com/2011/02/06/towels-and-cheese/

    Hope that's okay???!!!!

    His name is Thor.

    Happy days, SIS.
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  32. @ Jamie

    As I said, I sent my report and I hope you like it a lot.. SmileS..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  33. @ Jamie

    Pleasure is mine, thanks for inviting..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your footprints! Do come back for more!