Posts

! The Haiku Challenge 2012 - 29 days – 29 Haiku - Day 16 !


How sad it is to read that girl children are missing from many countries and are found buried in some graveyard. This social evil is practiced everywhere in the world which is shame on us. In earlier days when a girl was in the womb, she was forced to miss the moment when she was supposed to enter the world. A decade back at the time of birth her relatives wrung her neck and thrown into a trashcan. If by chance if she breathes in this world then she misses all roses of life and was finally fitted to a graveyard because that is where she will get peace of mind. It is our duty to realize our responsibilities and give a halt to this evil crime. Here is a request from angels!


precious angels we
are, save us from extinction
stop this sinful sin



Think a world without girls…






Here you go my dear twitter users...




! おはよう  ございます  友人 !
- ARIGATO GOZAIMASU - GOOD MORNING


Are you ready for The Haiku Challenge 2012? The prompts are out, rules are set, for more details visit HERE, and the challenge enters Day 16 with this post.. The challenge begins at 12 AM  or 00:00 IST and goes on until GMT-08:30AM (I.e., the next day 02:00 PM or 14:00 IST), so all the time zones can participate in this challenge, and three cheers to all the challengers! Write a Haibun for the Theme or Word - 'Sin' and share your Post Direct Link here in the linky tool or in comment section of this post, if Linky tool is not available. You can also tweet your Haiku as | Haiku | #FMHCD16 @FewMiles

PS: Please do not forget to include the Day 16 code provided here.

Happy Haiku Challenge to you all! The Game is oN...!!!!!!!!!



If you have any doubts or concerns do leave a comment or use 'Contact Me'.

! Your simple words can help me a lot! Leave your footprints !

! Share the post on Facebook, tweet, and plus your love. Shout a word to the world to enjoy the words !
Saravanakumar Murugan
FROM THE AUTHOR'S DESK

Saravanakumar Murugan

Author & Storyteller · Someone is Special

Senior technology leader, writer, and photographer. What began in 2009 as a romantic journaling sanctuary on Few Miles has grown into published books (Shades of Life, Return), 55-word microfiction, and quiet stories that stay with people long after reading.

“முகமறியா நண்பர்களின் கருத்துக்களே எனக்குப் படிகற்கள்”
❤ An ancient Blogging Legend says posting a comment on Few Miles does a world of good to your Karma :D Click 'Post a Comment' below!
Have a challenge, feedback, or a secret thought? Write to me or confess anonymously here.
© Few Miles by Saravanakumar Murugan · CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 International License

Comments

  1. Great work.
    I loved the way you represented the topic.

    Proud to be one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Pranali Kadam

    Great work.
    I loved the way you represented the topic.

    Proud to be one!


    Thanks a lot Pranali! And be proud....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sad horror..thanks for drawing attention to it

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very sad and unfortunately it is still going on.

    By the way, your haiku is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Powerful message, let's hope it hits home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This practice is indeed horrible. Girls and women are considered second class citizens everywhere. Even if it is not as extreme as what you write about, women are still not as valued as men. When will this stop?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very thoughtful.....and a strong message....Save girl child :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of the worst social evils! How can such a vicious thought cross people's minds?! Ruthless!
    You've conveyed a strong message through this haibun. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a horrid practice in many cultures ... thank you for sharing the angel's plea ... it is important to bring about an increased awareness. Nicely done, SiS!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Susie Clevenger

    I hate to write about such things because as soon as I publish the post it becomes a e-trash. One or the other day I need power to impose hard rules on such sinners..

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Asni

    It is sadly sad Asni...! Thanks and glad to know about my Haiku...

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ SweetTalkingGuy

    Thanks Andy, I hate to write about such things because as soon as I publish the post it becomes a e-trash. One or the other day I need power to impose hard rules on such sinners and I hope it hits everywhere...

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Lolamouse

    That's a question I wanted to ask Lolamouse..

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ ⁂ܓVållῐ ⁂ܓ☺

    Very thoughtful.....and a strong message....Save girl child :)

    Sure Valli... Save a girl child...

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Gemma Wiseman

    A powerful plea for justice! beautifully worded!

    Thanks Gemma.. !

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ Amber

    Thanks a lot Amber.. As I already replied, I hate to write about such things because as soon as I publish the post it becomes a e-trash. One or the other day I need power to impose hard rules on such sinners..

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ beccagivens

    becca thanks and it is very important to bring awareness to people before we actually dusk!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The depravity to which humans succumb to for economic reasons is truly sickening.Karma will be visited on them for this wickedness and they will be punished for it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. a painful subject but your haiku is beautiful, Sis! this is something i have never been able to understand, for if there are no girls/women all humankind dies without offspring....

    the haibun is a favorite form of mine and i enjoyed the theme ~ thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. @ Cressida de Nova

    They have to be Cressida.. What else I should say...

    ReplyDelete
  21. @ myheartslovesongs

    Glad you enjoyed the theme dani.. it is true and let's see how it is going to be in the future...!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your footprints! Do come back for more!